Wednesday, July 16, 2014

One Of My Latest Films

One of my latest films is about...cowboys.

 The title of this particular short film is called: The Wyld Stallyns Cowboy Convention For Cowboy Cronies. Very odd, don't you think? It was such a hard film to do. Why? Because.

So when I began, I had a whole bunch of people who were going to work on this film. They were going to work on lights and sound and angles and everything in between. Two nights before the production, a friend of ours called us to say that his brother and sister could come but he couldn't. The next day, at 6:30 P.M, while I was finishing the script, two other families called me to say that they couldn't make it! So I was down to four people that were coming -  only nine people in all! We also had editing issues and light problems, the wind was a real problem - we had to cut a scene out because of it and some of our actors were being real problems - doing bunny ears in the shot, saying lines they weren't supposed to say and doing beat boxing while making goofy faces into the camera and kicking their feet out. It was a real pain in the tailbone. Or, should I say, a millstone around my neck. But when we finally got done, I think it was worth it. Next time, however, we are gonna have a shotgun boom microphone, gaffers, best boys, key grips, set managers, script D supervisors... I do go on and on, don't I?

















In short, we're going to get organized a little bit more. We're definitely going to have more people and we are planning so much. I'll try to post it on YouTube soon, and I'll have it(with some other short films) on DVD. I will also try to premiere it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment